Netflix Reconmondations

Hey you guys, I know how hard it can be to find shows to watch on Netflix, especially good ones. Because I know how hard it can be I decide...

Hey you guys,
I know how hard it can be to find shows to watch on Netflix, especially good ones. Because I know how hard it can be I decided to compile a list, for you, of shows that I have been enjoying.

Movies:
-The Great Gatsby: This is a movie that I only watched recently (after Kris Kardashian's 60th birthday bash). I watched it because I figured it must be the most fun movie ever since The Great Gatsby is such a popular party theme. I was wrong. The movie is a bit confusing at times and it is terribly sad. I started watching the movie and was like "yeah this would be a great party theme" but then later on and by then end I decided that there was no way I would be able to have it as a party theme without getting sad because the movie was devastating. The movie is fun, well done, very beautiful, and very sad.
the_great_gatsby_movie-wide

-The Bounty Hunter: This is a movie that my mom showed me (pretty family friendly). It is very funny. It is about a reporter, her ex husband, and criminal activity. This movie has: betrayal, love, comedy, action, criminal activity, handcuffing to beds, love, and well its just really funny so you should watch it.
the-bounty-hunter-5214cabd965bd

-Iron Man: Robert Downy Jr. is hilarious (enough said).
Robert-Downey-Jr_-Tony-Stark-Iron-Man

-Man of Steel: Man of Steel is just a really well done movie. I love shows about classic comics or fairy tales ( Marvel Agents of Shield, Avengers, Arrow, Once Upon A Time, etc.) so this fits into that category of show that I love. Also the actor is really hot so if you don't like the actual movie (I don't think anyone could really not like it though) then at least you can just stare at the actor the whole time.
full_bg

-Hitch: Hitch is a man who teachers other guys how to get love but when it comes to him he needs some help. It's romantic, it's funny, it's Will Smith.
hitch-51336e0e9a8ec

-White Chicks: Hilarious. So funny. I know guys and girls who like this. It's about two back guys who have to go undercover to save their jobs and do things that they never thought before that they would have to do.
wcg9

-Lets Be Cops: Two guys dress up for Halloween and find out that they like what happens to them and how people treat them on Halloween. They carry it on past Halloween as a joke but then quickly discover criminal activity. Lets Be Cops is funny and has some action too.
Lets-Be-Cops-poster-e1409004203324

-Lord of The Rings: I'm pretty sure everyone knows Lord of The Rings so I will only say: Dwarfs running, action,Golom (who scares the crap out of me), adventure, the ring, a bit of mystery, comedy, and Orlando Bloom.
lord-of-the-rings-movie

-Confessions of a Shopaholic: I have never related to the first minute of a movie in my life. This show is amazing and hilarious. It is about a fashion loving girl with a problem for shopping who falls in love. It has funny lines and scenes but I think what truly makes this movie a comedy is the little reactions they have to things. I watched this at least seven times in a row in about three days. #obsessed.

[caption id="attachment_820" align="alignnone" width="379"]"CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC" Isla Fisher Ph: Robert Zuckerman © Touchstone Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer, Inc.  All Rights Reserved. "[/caption]

-Star Trek Into Darkness: I was raised as a Star Wars and Star Trek lover. #SorryNotSorry. Star Trek Into Darkness is the second Star Trek movie (both of them are good but I think only the second one in on Netflix). This movie carries on the same sort of action and comedy as the first. There is love, there is death, there are battles, there is mystery, there's some decently cute actors to look at... haha.
star_trek_into_darkness_001

-National Treasure Book of Secrets: This is a movie I watched with my family. It takes a while to get interesting but it is definitely worth the wait. This movie has comedy, adventure, action, and mystery. I don't really know how to explain it without giving it away.
national_treasure_book_of_secrets_ver2

-Father of the Bride // Father of The Bride Part 2: Every party needs a pooper and that will be you (if you don't watch these movies). A friend of mine showed this movie (and its sequel) to me at her house one day and I loved it! It is an older movie, that is something to keep in mind while watching it. It is about the dad and family as the daughter is to be married. They hire a hilarious french worker and well you'll have to watch it yourself to figure out why it's so funny.
fob2ti105335_large
-

TV Shows:
-The Paradise: The Paradise is a show that I just stated this weekend and I am already almost finished. I became obsessed with a love story in it. Each episode is about 50 minutes. The show is based in the 1800s. It is about a department store and the people who work there. There's love entanglements, drama, and charm. It's a nice show.
Paradise-the-paradise-bbc-tv-show-34730734-1920-1080

-The Vampire Diaries: I think most people know The Vampire Diaries. There's action, lots of comedy, fighting, killing, love, and Damon Salvatore.
tvd

-The Originals: The Originals are probably the hottest and funniest family to be featured on The Vampire Diaries, which won them their own spin off called The Originals. It type of show it is is very similar to The Vampire Diaries but it has a different plot and characters (although sometimes they still intertwine from time to time with The Vampire Diaries). I suggest only watching this show after they arrive and leave from The Vampire Diaries (don't start season one of The Vampire Diaries and season one of The Originals at the same time).
OG

-Drop Dead Diva: is very funny. People switch bodies by accident and well you'll have to watch it because I don't know how to describe it without giving it all away. I'm currently waiting for Netflix to add on all the newest seasons that have been aired on TV (Netflix takes a long time to update this show).
drop-dead-diva

-Psych: is a bit of an acquired taste and it takes a while to get good. It is about a guy who's dad was a cop, who starts his own fraud psychic business. They solve cop mysteries, and there is action and comedy as well.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-1374-1377888547-24ob_dddebd_psych-50b2bc71113ef

-Gilmore Girls: This show is quite funny. It is about a quirky mom and her daughter, sometimes even her rich parents, in a small town, and everything they go through. It will make you wish that you were part of their family.
thepenalsystem gilmore-girls-9

-How I Met Your Mother: Neil Patrick Harris.
howimetyourmother1

-White Collar: Okay first Matt Bomber. Beautiful beautiful Matt Bomber. This show is about a con artist who helps solve mysteries. It has mystery, action, charm, and comedy.
xE2F5D938-F243-BD4B-6D53A781AA8D4AA5_jpg_pagespeed_ic_cxKJx82ZWc

-Suits: Is about a law firm that illegally takes in a guy who can not legally practice law. Its a funny show. I loved it.
suits

-Switched at Birth: This show follows the life of two families who get unnintentionally pushed into each others lives when they find out that their babies were switched at birth: One family rich and hearing, and the other poor and deaf. This show includes talking (so it's made for hearing people) but it also includes some sign language (with subtitles) which I think is really awesome! Also some of the actors were/are actually deaf!
Switched-at-Birth-3-switched-at-birth-29939434-960-640

-Nashville: Nashville is pretty dramatic (but you need drama/conflict to make a show). It is about multiple families (the stories intertwine which is awesome). The characters include: a famous country singer and her family, her old boyfriend and writing partner, his niece, the mayor, an up-and-coming tween sensation, and more as the seasons go on.
nashville-tv-show-cast-on-broadway

-Ted Talks: this is less of a show and more of an educational seminar on anything and everything. You can watch it on their website as well.
tedtalks2+logo

-Once Upon a Time: this show is one that my mom and I started watching together when it first came out (seven-ish seasons ago) and we still watch it together. The show is a twist on classic fairy tales (Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Rumpelstiltskin, Snow White, Peter Pan, etc) and I love it. The show distinguishes itself with it's surprising plot twists. It is quite funny as well (I sort of only watch shows that have comedy in them...). The first and second seasons were probably my favorite because you were figuring out who everyone was and things were still new and being discovered, but the other seasons are all good too.
6305c417-492f-4e40-833f-512bd3fd1e4e

-The Glades: This show is about a detective so there's lots of murder cop stuff which is fun to watch. It also has its own bit of subtly comedy in it. My mom and I liked this show a lot. The main character grows on you (at first I wasn't a huge fan and though he looked super old but I think he gets better and younger looking throughout the seasons..).
the-glades-canceled-cliffhanger-jim-shot-season-4-endings-ae

I hope you enjoy these shows as much as I did.

Did I miss any? Comment some Netflix shows that you love below. If you watch any of these, comment below and let me know what you think.
youtube banner 1

p.s. images for this blog post are just from google images (they are not mine)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images